Monday, August 17, 2009

Back to School

The Fall term at Central Alabama Community College starts today and I am taking a full load. Actually, it is a bit more than a full load as I am taking 14 hours instead of the customary 12. This term I have the following courses.

Art Appreciation (ugh!)
Human Anatomy & Physiology
Micro Computer Applications (probably dropping that one because it is in the evening)
CPR
Fundamentals of Oral Communication

I plan to try and swap the art class for an English 101, and the Micro Computer class for another math or a psychology. I didn't get the classes I wanted and if I can't change my schedule it will be at least two more terms before I have all the prerequisites to get into nursing school. If I have to wait that long I'll probably go ahead and get an RN license as I will have enough credits.


3 comments:

Nick said...

Good luck with everything! I'm taking 14 credits this semester as well (which starts next Monday). I'm taking Calculus II, Intro to Atmospheric Science, General Physics I and Physics Lab. Busy busy! I wanted to take first-year Spanish II, but that would've taken me to 19 credits and I need to get a part-time job on top school, so i'll have to continue Spanish some other time. I may just practice on my own on weekends or something :P

Nicjor79 said...

Good luck! I'm starting college myself tomorrow (grad school art history at UAB). I've been away from school for seven years and I can't wait to re-enter the academic community.

And hey, I may be biased, but you should definitely reconsider dropping Art Appreciation. I took it at Montevallo (twelve years ago!) and I still think it was one of the best classes I've ever taken. It might have been what persuaded me toward my current chosen field.

Jay Croft said...

I agree with Nicjor. Art appreciation can be fun, and very informative. Art is at least partly a product of the era the artist lives in, so you can trace history and culture through art.

I honed my appreciation while living in NYC and DC, which are, of course, great museum towns. Whenever I go to another city I try to schedule time at the local museum.

Try it without prejudice. I think you'll like it!