Thursday, August 31, 2006

Hartselle Cops Beat up 64-year-old Granny

Grandmother says Hartselle officer broke her leg in arrest

HARTSELLE, Ala. (AP) -- A 64-year-old Hartselle woman has filed a complaint against the police department alleging that an officer broke her leg in two places while arresting her.

Police Chief Ron Puckett said officers charged Marie McCay, 64, with obstruction of justice Monday.

Puckett said officers were serving a warrant on Chris McCay, 32, when she was arrested.

Officers charged Chris McCay with two counts of unlawful distribution of a controlled substance. They transported him to Morgan County Jail, where deputies held him in lieu of $40,000 bond.

Puckett said Hartselle will investigate the woman's allegations.

Richard McCay said his mother, still in Hartselle Medical Center, was an innocent bystander.

"I'd love to tell you the entire story, but I'm under advice from a lawyer not to," he told The Decatur Daily in a story Wednesday.

3 comments:

The Alabama Moderate said...

Holy crap! I know this woman! She's my cousin's grandmother! I need to call my cousin to find out if she knows the details.

Loretta Nall said...

Wow Jen are you serious?
Please do let me know how this turns out.

The Alabama Moderate said...

False alarm. It's a different person with the same name.