Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Have Teens that Drive?

My son Alex will be 15 this year and he is already excited about getting his learners permit. Needless to say, I am less than excited to think about him out on the roads. I remember when I took drivers ed. in 10th grade. I wrecked the car. Not bad...but bad enough that my instructor jammed his knee slamming the extra brake in his floorboard.

One of the things that scared me the most when I was just learning to drive, and one of the things I still hate to this day are 18-wheelers on the interstate....especially in the rain. They are so dangerous and getting sandwiched between two of them is the worst.

I was looking at my insurance policy online at Geico and I noticed that they have added to their online library of safe teen driving tips. The brochure includes valuable information for teens on how to safely share the highway with large trucks. I found it to be very helpful and I will be using it when Alex starts to drive. If you have a teen and need auto coverage please take the time to compare car insurance at Geico and also download their informative brochures on teens and driving.

No comments: