Friday, March 02, 2007

We're Fine

I have gotten a number of emails this morning from folks across the world asking if my family and I are ok after yesterdays widespread tornado outbreak in Alabama. We're fine and thank you all so much for your concern. Wow! It's great to be loved like that!!

In my part of Alabama, in the eastern central part of the state, the weather never really got bad. It rained all day and then last night about 8 pm we had some wind and lightning but nothing like what was experienced in other parts of the state.

In Enterprise, located in South Alabama, 5 high school students were killed and many others critically injured when their school took a direct hit from a tornado that the weathermen are saying was somewhere between F3 and F5. Please keep the families of these kids in your thoughts and prayers. I have lost a child at the infant stage and that was one of the hardest things I have ever had to live through. I can't imagine how much harder it is to get on with your life when the child is in their teen years and there is so much more to remember and miss in their absence.

Thank you all so much for your outpouring of concern for me and mine and for all those affected in my state.

Loretta Nall

The following photos are of the High School in Enterprise, AL.






2 comments:

The Alabama Moderate said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are okay.

Anonymous said...

Loretta, our weather just southeast of Wetumpka was much like yours. About an inch and half of rain total, with a few wind gusts. When lightning is nearby I always unplug my PC but I didn't even have to do that.