Wednesday, August 08, 2007

What would we do without officials?

I was reading the local paper this morning and I came across this doosie;

With temperatures expected to soar in Alabama throughout the week, officials are advising citizens to do everything they can to keep cool.


Gee, thanks for the advice. I had no idea that it was well over 100 degrees yesterday with the heat index and that I should take precautions against overheating. Gosh, I would never have figured it out without direction from the 'officials'. The buckets of sweat running off me, the fact that my skin was hot enough to fry and egg and the fact that it was the same temprature when I got up this morning as it was when I went to bed last night just weren't enough to convince me that it is HOT! I hope they soon come out with a piece on how to wipe one's own ass because we probably haven't figured that out yet either. What would we citizen's do without 'officials'?


No comments: