Saturday, November 17, 2007

Lipstick on a Pig!

So, I was chatting with the proprietors of IYSextoys earlier today. They wrote and thanked me for all of the web traffic they are getting as a result of the "Sex Toys for Troy King" campaign and for the resulting humorous entertainment it is providing. They have even linked me up on their blog.

While we were chatting I asked if they, by chance, had a replica of Ms. Piglet handy and, if so, would they be willing to inflate one and send me the photo. I wish Troy King had a sense of humor and was willing to pose with his for us....but when pigs fly I guess.

They were kind enough to oblige. Allow me to introduce you to drumroll please..........................................



Trixie The Pig
Ain't she cute? Ms. Piglet could fly if Troy filled her full of helium. Wouldn't he be cute trottin' around Montgomery in his cowboy boots and his pig on a string?
(Note: I asked for a shot of the business end of Ms. Piglet but that won't be available until Monday).

While Trixie is a really cute piglet the piglet image I will always be stuck with is the one drawn by J.D. Crowe. I hope that whenever any cartoonist draws Troy King from here on out they draw him with that pig. I, for one, will never be able to look at Troy King again without suffering uncontrollable and hysterical fits of laughter. JD's cartoon is all I will ever be able to see. It is permanently burned in my brain. That cartoon is a cross between something from "The Far Side" and some of the brialliant ones found only in Hustler.

Speaking of Hustler....I wish they would pick up on this sex toy drive. That is right up Larry Flynt's alley. If they got involved the post office might have to employ a dumptruck up to deliver all the goodies being sent.

While I am really having a great time with all of this I don't want people to miss out on the larger lesson that all of this teaches. The Times Daily had a great editorial on the absurdity of King's focus on obscentiy laws while Alabama burns. Troy King deserved to be humiliated because he humiliates all of us when he hints that he will take up time/money in the legislature on an issue as silly, trivial and not important as this one. So, he wanted to focus on sex toys? He got it. I hope he takes to heart the lesson that Alabamian's are, by and large, tired of being made to look like fools because our elected officials want to play moral politics. That is real money we pay him to be the Attorney General....could we get some real work please?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell it like it is, Loretta! It's a great point, a valid point, a needed point that you are making, and you're making this native-born Alabamian very proud.

Hey Troy -- you wanna do some actual work, like your JOB, even? Get out of other people's bedrooms unless you're invited.

Unknown said...

http://www.lastfreevoice.com/2007/11/17/loretta-nall-sends-troy-king-appropriate-sex-toy/

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I have a message for the webmaster/admin here at nallforgovernor.blogspot.com.

Can I use some of the information from your post right above if I give a link back to your site?

Thanks,
James

Loretta Nall said...

Sure James...knock yourself out