Sunday, December 23, 2007

BRILLIANT!

A few weeks ago my son, Alex, who is a sophomore in high school took the ACT test. It is required before one can be considered for admission to The Alabama School of Mathematics and Science in Mobile. Yesterday his results came in the mail and he scored a 29 out of a possible 36. This is his first time taking it and he did not study any of the guides that are available. The only area where he had trouble was the math and only then because some of the questions were material, that as a sophomore, he has not covered yet. Everything else he got right.

I am so proud of him I could just explode!!! A 29!!! My God that is astounding! Look at this graph which covers the percentiles. Alex is in the 94th percentile....meaning he did better than 94% of other students who took the test. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better!

DAMN! I see an Ivy League college in his future if he so desires to attend.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Congratulations to Alex--and his parents! Best wishes for continued success.

Don said...

My first impulse was to say that you have every right to be pumped up and proud of your son. Then I realized that he has your genes......so be proud of yourself too.

Like Mother, like son.