Saturday, January 19, 2008

So, ummm where's the snow?

I got up this morning expecting to see a few inches of snow on the ground and more falling out of the sky. According to James Spann, Tallapoosa County (where I live) is in the major snow zone. Guess what? Ain't a snowflake nowhere. Doesn't even feel cold enough to snow.

I'm gonna have to have a talk with James Spann if there isn't some snow by the end of the day. On Jan. 10th he predicted huge storms with tornado's all across Alabama. That prediction prompted school and business closings statewide. My whole family stood in front of the window and waited for some cows to come flying by spinnging around so fast that they were mooing in a Doppler effect. That didn't happen either. In fact, it never did anything but rain in my neck of the woods.

My daughter is really looking forward to this snow...has been for days Mr. Spann. I am beginning to lose faith in your weather forecasting abilities....and I've been relying on you for my weather for 28 years. Didn't anyone ever tell you that it isn't nice to tease children? Now....go push the snow button on the weather machine that Dan says you have in the basement at ABC 33/40 before Bell wakes up.

No comments: