Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno's

I have collected about 20 jalapeno peppers over the last few days. One plant I have is absolutely prolific. I don't eat hot pepper alone. I like it in sauces and dips and salsa. I also like pepper poppers and decided to try my hand at some today.

Here is the recipe I used.


Ingredients:
10 to 12 large pickled jalapeno peppers (mine were fresh...not pickled)
block Cheddar cheese (I used cream cheese)
2 eggs mixed with a little water
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup flour

Preparation:
Slit the sides of the peppers, and scrape out the seeds. Stuff with cheese.
Dip peppers in an egg wash then into a mixture of half cornmeal and half flour. Repeat until all peppers are coated; freeze for 2 hours.



Deep fry in hot fat -- about 365° -- until the peppers are lightly browned, and the cheese is just melted. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.


YUMMY!!!



del.icio.us
Google
Yahoo

No comments: