Saturday, November 29, 2008

So, what exactly are they trying to say?

I saw this ad for the first time a few weeks ago. I still can't figure out what point the ONDCP is trying to get across.



Is the point supposed to be smoking pot makes you want to have intimate relations with horses? I've been smoking pot since I was 12 and I gotta tell ya...I've never felt the urge to run into a pasture and do anything with a horse (or any other animal for that matter).

Is the point supposed to be that smoking pot makes you want to pull a horses tail? Gee, I've never had that urge either.

If I'd ever had either urge I would have stopped smoking pot.

Whatever happened to the innocent 'you'll wind up a couch potato in your mom's basement if you smoke pot' ONDCP ads? Or hell, the fried egg commercials representing your brain on drugs? Those, while wrong, were at least amusing and contained no overt references to beastiality. This one with the horse is disturbing.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they're trying to say that "You know pulling a horses tail is a bad idea. Smoking pot is equally bad, but you didn't realize that it was."

Either way, it's a stupid commercial and my tax-money shouldn't be used to pay for it.

Loretta Nall said...

I'd say pulling a hores tail is much stupider than smoking pot. Amazing how they sit around and make up stuff about pot when they know there is nothing to be afraid of in the first place.

Anonymous said...

And to think, there were no federal laws against marihuana until the FDA was created; and they were ruled unconstitutional until Nixon violated the 10th Amendment and forced states to adopt anti-drug laws.