Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let's Help This Family

UPDATE: We have raised $500 so far. THANK YOU to everyone who has so generously given to this cause on such short notice. Please keep the donations coming and provide an awesome Christmas for these kids who have such a hard life.



I read this heart wrenching story in the Montgomery Advertiser this morning about kids in Alabama going hungry.
Many Alabama Children Don't Get Enough to Eat

Please take a moment to read it. The comments from two of the readers are beyond comprehension to me. I've been hungry (though you'd never know it to look at me now) and it is the most miserable feeling, especially for a child. I have contacted the reporter and the Friendship Mission to help this family out. I want to ask all of you who are able to make a small contribution to provide for a nice Christmas dinner and a few toys for these little kids.

Elijah is a brave little soul who walks 30 minutes twice a day through very dangerous areas in order to eat and bring food home to his siblings. No child should have to do that and while we can't change his situation so that he is never hungry again we can help by providing what his mother cannot for one day of the year.

I've started this off with a $100 contribution.

If you'd like to help me feed this family and get some toys for those babies please paypal a contribution to voodoodol_74@yahoo.com


No comments: