Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Won!



CONGRATULATIONS Loretta -- you have been chosen as the grand prize winner of the Birmingham Weekly’s “Ask Motley” contest! Your prize is two tickets to the upcoming “Saints of Los Angeles” tour date in Birmingham at the BJCC Arena on Sunday, February 22.

Set times are as follows:

Doors: 5:30pm
The Last Vegas: 6:30pm
Theory of a Deadman
Hinder
Motley Crue

Thanks and congrats again!
--


So, I entered the contest with a question about the Crue's on stance drug policy. Given their considerable experience with drugs and Nikki Sixx's multiple overdose deaths from heroin I wondered if they thought drug policy was working as it is now or would it be better if things were in a regulated and controlled environment where addicts can get treatment without being ostracized or jailed for being addicts.

Their answer? I don't know. I don't know if they will answer the question. I tried my luck at getting a backstage pass to conduct a mini-interview but none were available.

Anyhoo, I will be rocking out with the Crue tomorrow night alongside my 16 year old son and my 12 year old daughter. I went to many a Crue show when I was their age(s) and was a huge Motley Crue fan. I'm older now and not so much into their stuff anymore but I am still looking forward to tomorrow night.

Oh yeah...I'd like to eat Nikki Sixx with a spoon :)


3 comments:

Christie O'Brien said...

Too cool! Going to rock out with the Crue and the kids :)

Don said...

A well deserved ^5 to you, Loretta. I hope your and your children have fun.

banjolawyer said...

haha. I remember them.