Monday, April 16, 2007

Court Again Today

I have to be back in court this morning at 9 a.m. . One of two things will happen. We will strike a jury and my case will proceed this week or my case will be held over until the next session which is 6 months away I think. I am hoping for the former but bracing for the latter.

A note on striking a jury...my attorney has asked for my assistance in that part of the process. The way it is done is 70 potential jurors are packed in the courtroom and are subjected to a list of questions by the prosecuting attorney and the defense attorney. Questions like if they work in law enforcement, have family that works in law enforcement, are the more likely to believe a cop than a regular private citizen and so forth. I'll be taking notes on their answers and crossing out the ones I do not want on my jury. Of course the prosecution will be targeting the ones I like and I will be targeting the ones he likes and what I suspect we will be left with is people with a 3rd grade education who can barely read and write much less understand the complicated proceedings of a courtroom.....but that is the way the cookie crumbles so far as I have been told.

I don't know how long I will be in court today. Check back here for updates which I will post once I get home.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart is with you Loretta... take those FUCKERS down!!!

Anonymous said...

You make me Proud to be an American. God Bless you Nall!