Sunday, June 17, 2007

Alabama GOP Officially Endorses Bishop Punch

My friend and fellow blogger Dan at Between the Links was invited to attend a Republican fund raiser the other night featuring Senator John McCain as speaker.

The issue of the punch was raised and according to Dan 80% of the Alabama GOP endorsed the punch with a standing ovation.

No one should be surprised by the standing ovation. Alabama still has the highest approval rating for GWB anywhere in the country. That says a great deal.

The majority of Republicans in Alabama would rather resort to violence to settle conflict than diplomacy to settle conflict, because diplomacy takes brains and they seem to be in real short supply.

It does disgust me that they think it is cute. This is MY STATE TOO and I am so sick of having to explain myself and make excuses for my fellow Alabamians when I am traveling abroad. God…could we elect some adults to office please?

Not that all Republicans are bad. I give high marks to Cam Ward, who has sponsored some good legislation in this years session and generally acts like a Republican should act. I do hope that he wasn’t one of the ones standing up and clapping for the assault.

Go Read Dan's Post

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phil Rawls of the AP is coming out with an article about it tommorrow.

Loretta Nall said...

It was out last night Dan. Here is the link

Often the Montgomery Advertiser will have tomorrows stories from the AP the night before.

And Phil Rawls....the man is a class act.