Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Salvia Bill

There has been a great deal of interest on the bill to outlaw salvia and apply the same penalties currently imposed on non-violent marijuana consumers.

The bill SB15 will come up in the Senate Judiciary committee for a vote on TODAY March 5, 2008 at 11:30 am. This was added to the calendar since yesterday giving those of us who oppose this bill very little time to act.

Call the following members of the Senate Judiciary Committee RIGHT NOW and ask them to vote NO on this bill. We already have way too many people in jail or prison for use of natural plants. We don't need any more. Prohibition has never worked. Salvia is a non-problem but will become a problem if this bill passes.

GO HERE to find out who is on the Senate Judiciary Committee and call them NOW!!!

I have already called and emailed all of the Senators on the Senate Judiciary Committee. PLEASE DO SO NOW before the 11:30 session begins.


del.icio.us
Google
Yahoo

6 comments:

P Papa Diddy Pop said...

Not much of a warning. Why the decision to put it on the calendar the day before? I'll be curious to know the outcome.

Loretta Nall said...

Call me a cynic but I believe they do it because they do not want to give anyone the chance to oppose it.

P Papa Diddy Pop said...

That was my assumption. Have you heard anything about the status of the bill?

Loretta Nall said...

not yet. should be in the end of day reports usualy posted at the montgomery advertiser. I'm out of the office now but will look when I get back.

Loretta Nall said...

The summary has been posted at the Montgomery Advertiser. There is absolutely no mention of the salvia bill SB15. I don't know if it got tabled until the next Senate Judiciary cmte meeting or if no action was taken or what. I'll try and find out.

Semi-Concerned Citizen said...

ahh. lame. I totally missed out on this development.

btw i emailed hank erwin, and needless to say he didn't respond. lol

-Charles Hyde