Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Off to the State House

This morning around 8:30 I am meeting up with some friends and fellow activists for a morning of committee meetings followed by some targeted lobbying. There are four very important bills up in committee today.

HB601 - A bill that would require permits for stun guns. BAD. If you haven't already please contact the Juduciary committee and ask them to vote NO on this bill.

HB683 - A bill that would provide a way for records expungement of old court cases. GREAT BILL. You know what to do.

HB12 -

Nuff said!

HB738 - This is a GREAT bill that would lower ballot access signature requirements from 3% of the votes cast in the last gubernatorial election to 1.5%. This bill is coming up in Constitution & Elections this morning about the same time that the three other bills are coming up in judiciary. I understand that my election campaign will be used as an example by the sponsor of this bill so I definitely want to be there for that.

Looks like I'll be bouncing around the state house like one of those crazy rubber balls this morning. I hope that you will be able to join me.



del.icio.us
Google
Yahoo

No comments: