Sunday, August 24, 2008

John Alexander Rochester Case Update

I've learned from my sources that the Clay County Grand Jury will meet Monday, August 25 and will be presented with the John Alexander Rochester drug trafficking case. I won't be able to make it for the handing down of the indictments, but, if everything goes as planned there will be at least one reporter there, on my tip, to get the information out to the public. I'll also be monitoring the Clay Times Journal to see if they will set politics aside and step up and fulfil the role of an actual newspaper.

Will update everyone when I know more.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the steer to the Clay Times Journal, Another papers out there I need to be reading?

Loretta Nall said...

You're welcome Walt. The Clay Times Journal is a weekly that used to come out on Thursday. It may still although I haven't looked. The website is relatively new and I am not sure when it updates. I'll send you any new papers I run across.

Anonymous said...

In law, defamation (also called calumny, libel, slander, and vilification) is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image. Slander refers to a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words or image. The lawsuit is on the way.

Loretta Nall said...

anon...I'm well aware of the definition of defamation. Talking about information that is available to the public....even when it involves a Judge's son does not fit that definition. Not by any stretch of the imagination. As to any lawsuit...pffft....bring it on!

Anonymous said...

I have seen first hand how unfair things are in clay county. Been fighting the system since 2008. I have made a few phone calls and talked to people down there and they run things unfairly if you are not part of them.