Monday, March 16, 2009

Garden Blog

Since about mid-Jan I have been sprouting all sorts of garden goodies. In the house and outside on sunny days waiting to be planted in the ground I have dill, 4 types of squash, about 8 types of tomatoes,peppers, mint, portulaca, stevia, marigolds, gerber daisies,zinnias, watermelon, corn, cardinal climber vine and a whole host of other stuff I can't remember. I still have a whole herb garden that I haven't sprouted yet plus cucumbers and beans that need to be started. I am currently out of space for them.

In the ground already are kale (YUMMY!), turnip greens, strawberries, peach tree, plum trees, blackberries from last year, onions, garlic and all my spring bulbs plus some new stuff I added this year. I thought I'd share some pics while we all wait for gardening weather to get here. I hope that is soon. This rainy weather is plain dreary and my plants needs some sunshine in a bad way.




























3 comments:

Don said...

Have you read my diary that was posted on the Left In Alabama website over the weekend @ Gardening diary for the coming weekend ?

I envy you. I may not be physically able to have a garden this year for the first time since 1970 when I was retired from the USAF. Because I doubt that I will, I haven’t attempted to have some needed repairs made to my Troy-bilt tiller that I bought around 1975.

Loretta Nall said...

I'll check out your post at LiA.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to garden this year. I'll share some goodies with you.

Don said...

I heart’s Angels. :-)