Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'm so SICK of Rain



Two years ago when we had no rain at all and there were tornadoes made completely out of pollen and dust I swore I would never complain about rain again.

I LIED!

It has rained every day at my house with the exception of one day for the last two weeks. My garden, what little I've been able to plant is going to rot in the ground. The new patches we plowed up for more garden space have turned into 8 inch deep mud holes. All of the hog manure we loving plowed in has surely lost any benefit because the rain has washed it all away. My dogs can't go out and play and they are driving me NUTS in the house. My chickens and goats are absolutely miserable. The ducks and geese love it! Glad someone is enjoying the misery. Maybe if I could sprout some waterproof feathers I would enjoy it, too.

How bout y'all? Anyone else sick of this perpetual sogginess? Does anyone ever remember it raining this much in the month of May?


5 comments:

Fred said...

My yard, up here in New Hope, hasn't dried out completely since before Christmas!

CrazyCatLady804 said...

I know what you mean! I hate it and am so sick of it too! I can't remember when it rained so much either!!

Don said...

This has been the coolest and wettest for this time of the year of any year within my memory. I guess that proves we are having global warming.

admin said...

Haha, I've seen a couple snowy nights this month, here in Minnesota. Hopefully the summer will be worth it.

Christie O'Brien said...

I too never thought I would complain about rain after that drought a few years back. But come on! Trying still to not complain...but it's enough to make one freakin nuts :) SO glad to see the sun shine again!