Tuesday, December 01, 2009

My Piggy is Awesome!

Here is a video of me playing with my completely spoiled rotten piglet!



This little pig is just amazing. He's a very social animal. Every time a goat or chicken or cat gets close to his pen he runs up and starts talking to it. A week ago he would run hide every time I went to feed him. Now, he runs right up to me and wants his first bite out of my hand. Not only that....but I found his special spot...right under his front right (hoof?...paw??...arm?) I've spoiled him so rotten that he will lay down for a belly rub with his head in his food bowl and eat and get scratched at the same time, as you will see near the end of the video.

He is absolutely precious!

Every single day this little animal becomes more fascinating! I have never owned a pig. My Uncle Shelton used to raise them to eat when I was a kid. I clearly remember two giant pigs that I helped raise from babies. Every day at feeding time I would go with Unc to feed them and they would roll over and want their bellies scratched with a stick. One day they were gone and a few weeks later the news that they were now the breakfast on my plate was given to me in a less than considerate manner. That's devastating to a kid...the first time they find out where meat comes from. It was devastating to me anyway. Word of advice...DON'T DO THAT TO YOUR KIDS!



No comments: