Friday, November 30, 2007

My Kid is a GENIUS!

A little later today my 15 year-old son and I will be heading to Mobile. Alex (my son) is a prospective student at The Alabama School of Math & Science for his junior and senior years and tomorrow is Open House.

While any parent would be proud of their kid in this situation I have to say that I am prouder than most....mainly because his major academic success is such a slap in the face to the propagnada spewing prohibitionists, government officials and law enforcement entities who would have you believe that any child of an admitted marijuana consumer who lives in a trailer and possesses only a GED should have at least two heads, make F-'s on everything they do, stay in trouble with the law and be generally non-benificial to society.

My daughter is also brilliant and very artistically gifted. She has her sights set on the Alabama School of Fine Arts in Birmingham when she enters the 7th grade.

Here's proof positive that parents who smoke pot can also be responsible in rearing children, be involved in their school work and have kids that are in the running to be Valedictorian, are recipients of National Merit scholarships, are Beta club members...the list goes on and on.

So a huge "RASPBERRY" nanner nanner nanner to all those who espouse the idea that pot smokers can't raise healthy, happy, well adjusted and productive kids.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need someone to turn our country around. Groom your son for Governor and/or President Loretta.

Loretta Nall said...

He has a very keen interest in politics and has mentioned that he might want to enter the political arena at some point in the future. He is an organizer like me and digs direct action. He is also very level-headed and very compassionate. I think he would make a great leader. I am hoping this year to get his a page slot at the State House. I think he would enjoy that.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your daughter and son!I hope they get in!