Monday, March 12, 2007

It's Gonna Be a Long Week

This week is shaping up to be a long one. My grandmother is still hanging in there. I took my kids and my brother down to visit her yesterday for a few hours. She was so happy to see her great-grandchildren. It was good to see her smile.

This week is also Court Week . On Saturday night before I got back from the Compassionate Care meeting in BHAM a sheriff's deputy dropped in to serve my 10 year-old daughter with a subpoena to appear in court on Tuesday. My attorney is arguing a motion related to this 5 YEAR OLD case and Bell was to testify. However, that has changed, as of yesterday, and Bell's testimony will not be required. I am glad. I didn't want her to have to go through being on the stand and cross-examined. That is terrifying to most adults....I can't imagine what it must feel like to a kid. I am still unsure if I have to be in court on Tuesday, when the motion is argued. If we win the motion then Tuesday will be the end of the my court battles. If we lose the motion Tuesday then I will have to appear on Thursday, refuse the states plea deal AGAIN and demand a jury trial AGAIN which will be set for April 9, 2007.

I am hoping it will all be over on Tuesday. This nonsense has gone on quite long enough.




No comments: