Monday, May 21, 2007

Compassionate Care Public Hearing This Wednesday!!!!!!

UPDATE: After much confusion today over whether or not the COmpassionate Care Act would get a public hearing this Wednesday I have just learned that a public hearing will definitely take place at 9 a.m. on Wednesday in rm 123 of the Alabama State House. Please be there with bells on around 8 am to ensure you get a seat.


All,

I have just gotten word that the Compassionate Care Act is tentatively slated to come up for a public hearing this Wednesday, May 23 at 9 a.m. in room 123 of the Alabama State House located at 11 South Union St. in Montgomery.

What makes this complicated is that the Senate is still stalled and the House is not wanting to take up any controversial bills for the remainder of this session especially since the Senate is expected to continue to stall and a special session will be called. However, if the judiciary cmte calls for a public hearing on Wed., as I am hearing they will, then I will be there with all my folks and I would like for everyone reading this message to try and make it as well. We need to pack the room so be there around 8 a.m. to ensure that you get a seat.

Please RSVP and let me know whether or not you are coming on Wed. If anything changes....like the bill isn't coming up for a hearing, then I will let everyone know.

Hope to see you on Wednesday.

Loretta Nall






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to ask Sara if she wants to go. I've got nothing else to do Wednesday.

Gas is pretty high, though, so no promises.