Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Rob Zombie's 'Halloween'

I just learned that Rob Zombie of White Zombie fame has written and directed the latest Halloween the movie to be released August 31. Here is the trailer



When I first moved to El Paso, TX from Germany in the mid-90's White Zombie was very popular. Having lived in Germany for two years and having nothing but AFN to listen to or watch I had never heard of White Zombie. I have always been a metal head and they really hit the spot after two years of living in a country where I could not speak the language and the only song I could understand was 'Ein, Zwei Polizei' which was a catchy German tune about the police. I headbanged so hard to "More Human than Human" that I gave myself whiplash and loved it!

I was unaware that Rob Zombie had ventured into film writing and directing but cannot imagine a more approproiate venue than horror for his twisted brand of thought. I saw some of the Halloween movies when I was a kid but don't remember much other than Michael Myers, Jamie Lee Curtis, a butcher knife and a mask. I've never been a big fan of horror. I don't enjoy feeling terrified or like I might pee my pants at any second. I prefer to get my thrills in other ways that are less taxing on my heart and central nervous system. But, if I had to choose my favorite horror movie I think it would have to be the more modern one called "Saw". That movie scared the daylights out of me.

However, I will probably go and see Halloween the movie because I want to see what new twisted angles Rob Zombie will bring to a classic horror film. I bet there will be lots of great metal music.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rob Zombie was also director for House of 1000 Corpses, and The Devil's Rejects.