Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pitchfork Rally CANCELED!!!

All,

Due to a number of different factors I have decided to cancel the planned protest/shadow session which was to take place Thursday from 11 am til 2 pm at the State House.

Although we had a great lineup of speakers, including Alabama House Members and heads of various organizations, to speak about their bills I did not get a good response from the public as far as what attendance might be. Most people I did hear from said they would be unable to attend due to the enormous cost of gasoline.

It also looks like tomorrows weather for Montgomery will be inclement, further decreasing turn out. It would be bad to have a great speaker line up with no audience and I fear that is what we might get.

I am not discouraged by this. Being poor myself I know many families are simply unable to afford the extra money for gas to get there. They also can't afford to lose a day from work. I still feel it is very important to capitalize on their anger at the way Alabama government doesn't function and will keep searching for a way to direct it into positive action with tangible results.

Thank you all so much for your support for this project and for your willingness to speak at this rally. I hope that you aren't too disappointed and that you will join me for future projects that seek tomake our government work better.

Best,
Loretta Nall



del.icio.us
Google
Yahoo

No comments: