Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm Torn

Ex-prison guards convicted of smuggling pot into prison
Tuscaloosa News
Published: Thursday, June 26, 2008

Two former state prison guards now face time behind bars after a circuit jury in St. Clair County found them guilty of promoting prison contraband.

Tommie Borden and Mark Clark could each get 1 to 10 years in prison after being convicted of smuggling marijuana into the St. Clair Correctional Facility. They were arrested in December 2006.

Clark had been employed as a prison guard for three years while Borden had worked in the corrections system for about a year.

A judge in Pell City scheduled a sentencing hearing for September.


You know...I'm not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand I can understand how incredibly tempting it would be for an overworked and underpaid Alabama prison guard to supplement his income by smuggling weed in to prisoners. And, in all honesty, if I were in prison you can bet your ass I'd want a guard to smuggle some weed into me. Oh please Jesus let it be so!

On the other hand doing this while being a prison guard is doubly wrong because many people in prison are there for the same crime. Drug trafficking.

I can't decide if these guys need humanitarian medals or if they need to see what the other side of those bars look like.

What do you think?

del.icio.us
Google
Yahoo

No comments: