Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Hmmm.....wonder who that could be??

Looking at my traffic stats today I came across someone searching for my children...which immediately sent up red flags, as it would for any mom.

8 Referring URL: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=alex nall&btnG=Google S
Sep 3, 2008 09:53:46 AM 204.29.75.130

9 Referring URL: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&rlz=1T4DMUS_e
Sep 3, 2008 09:50:56 AM 204.29.75.130


So, I did a search on the IP address which is

204.29.75.130

And guess what I found?

NetName: ALALINC-NET
IP Address 204.29.75.130
UNITED STATES ALABAMA ASHLAND 33.2143
-85.8209 36251 -06:00
Net Speed ISP Domain
- ALABAMA SUPERCOMPUTER NETWORK AL.US

Now, I wonder who in Ashland, AL with access to the Alabama Super Computer Network would be searching for my kids? Who could that be?







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you from Ashland?

Anonymous said...

Let's see you've pissed off the Rochester family, the Simpson family, The Thompson family, the Clay Times Journal, the Ashland Police Department and any of their friends, so take your pick.

haphazardmusings said...

Unbelievable! Going after someone's kids is always wrong.

Loretta Nall said...

Anon #1 - I grew up in Ashland.

Anon #2 - Obviously the sarcasm in my post went right over your head. And I think we can safely rule out the Clay Times Journal because they are not a state agency that would have access to ALALINC. Only courts and legal folks have access to that. Ditto the friends of Rochester, Simpson and Thompson.

And by the way...what a bunch of morons to allow their IP address to show up on my site. At the very least it is a misuse of state resources....searching for information about the children of someone that has pissed you off.

Mac said...

I wouldn't be sure that they're actually in Ashland. The Alabama Supercomputer Network is used by any number of schools and colleges, but the IP addresses are not reliable locators. My work IP address keeps showing up as someplace in Cullman County even though I'm in Tuscaloosa.

Loretta Nall said...

I know what you are saying Mac. My OP address comes up as being from Montgomery. But that is where it is routed through and not actually where I am. Seeing as Ashland is a tiny hamlet I don't think there are any large internet companies with router hubs there. Also, not only was it the Alabama Super Computer Network, it was specifically ALALINC which is all legal stuff.

I feel absolutely certain that it came from Ashland. I am having it further researched by some friends who are way more technical savvy than I and I have turned it over to my lawyers for safe keeping...in case I need it later.

Mac said...

I looked it up, and the Alabama Supercomputer Network hub they think I'm on is supposedly in Eva, AL, which is probably even smaller than Ashland.

I'm guessing that their mayor must be the most qualified person ever for the Presidency.