Sunday, October 26, 2008

They've even fucking infiltrated Halloween!

So, I volunteered to work a booth at my daughters school Halloween carnival last night. I remember having a great deal of fun at Halloween carnivals when I was a kid. The canided apples, the cake walk, the hay ride, the haunted house. All the people in their monster masks and vampire costumes. It was a time for scary fun!

But, by far, the scariest and most un-fun thing I have ever encountered at a children's school Halloween carnival is what I encountered upon arrival last night.



That's right...the Alabama State Trooper Weed Hunting Chopper complete with terrifying, jack-booted, thugs. They literally were wearing knee-high leather jackboots. They had up their 'official' "POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS" tape and they had a State Trooper motorcycle on display.

I wanted to climb in and have my daughter snap a picture of me....that would have been the ultimate coup.....but they were only letting small children in.

What were they trying to say exactly? That we should be terrified of them because they are monsters? I can agree that they are terrifying monsters...although I refuse to be terrified. If that wasn't the message they were trying to convey then what were they doing at a Halloween Carnival? A place for elementary school children to dress up scary, eat candy til they puke and goad each other through the haunted house, play bingo and hope they win a cake on the cake walk. What were they doing there?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess they had nothing better to do since most of this summers crop has allready been pulled. I'm just glad they're not buzzing around in my neck of the woods wasting fuel and my tax dollars!

Anonymous said...

they were terrorizing the next generation. these are the terrorists we need to be fighting against. i'd rather see dracula or wolfman in my back tard than those guys, truly scary stuff.