Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Re-Elect Patricia Todd

I don't often make public endorsements of candidates for office in Alabama. That's mainly because I am a very controversial figure and my endorsement can be a double-edged sword. However, there are a few candidates that have no problem associating with me or having me endorse their campaigns.

One of those candidates is Rep. Patricia Todd (D-54 Jefferson). Rep. Todd is our medical marijuana bill sponsor this year, as she was last year. She believes in this particular issue as much as I do and as much as the patients who make up Alabamians for Compassionate Care do. We couldn't ask for a better champion for our cause.

Rep. Todd is also a champion of what I consider to be other great causes like affordable housing, reducing homelessness, mass transit in our large cities, constitutional reform and ballot access reform.

I am asking all of my readers and everyone in Alabama who supports medical marijuana or any of the other issues I mentioned to please make a campaign contribution to re-elect Rep. Patricia Todd in November 2010. You can do that by mailing a check or money order to:

Patricia Todd
1320 58th Street South
Birmingham, AL 35222

Please make a notation on your check or money order that you are a Compassionate Care supporter and include a note thanking Rep. Todd for having the courage to take up this controversial issue during an election year. She is one of the few elected officials in Alabama that actually has guts...and a lot of them. Let's show our appreciation in the form of a campaign contribution.

1 comment:

sixstring said...

I second this 100%. I contacted most all of the legislators in Alabama and Rep. Todd is the only one I could find with the courage to openly support drug polcy reform. I have made two contributions to her campaign and anyone who supports this should also. Getting people like her elected is the only way we will ever change Alabama.