Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Hospitals Suck!

My daughter Bell was admitted to the hospital this morning. I had to pick her up from school yesterday after she got dizzy at PE. She complained of tummy pain and had a low grade fever. I thought it might be her appendix. Last night she got worse so we loaded her up and took her to ER.....where we proceeded to sit and wait for a good three hours before I lost my temper and Bell said she thought she would be fine until the doctor opened this morning.

We went in to see her peditrician this morning, who discovered a throat infection but could not determine why her tummy hurts. He admitted her to the hospital and did a CT scan. The lymph nodes in her stomach are swollen, but other than that, they have no idea what is wrong with her. I hope they figure it out tomorrow.

Having to be confined to a hospital room ranks right up there with having teeth pulled or breaking a bone. No fun! It makes me so tired. Don't get me wrong...I am glad that hospitals exist and that modern medicine can take care of most ailments....but that doesn't change the fun factor.


No comments: