Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Spelling Champions


(Bell Nall pictured far left)

My daughter Bell recently competed in the spelling bee at her school....which she won. Winning sent her on to the county competition, which took place last week in Dadeville, AL. I was out of town that day but called her when she got home and asked how the spelling bee went. "Mom", she said, "You're not gonna believe it but I misspelled 'sarcasm'. How ironic is that?"

I cracked up. She is one of the most sarcastic kids I have ever met. I am still extremely proud of her for competing and winning one phase of the spelling bee. She's a great kid!

Love you Bell

Here is the story in our local paper.

2 comments:

Don said...

The caption on the linked article seems to refer to a "bee", but the article below it doesn't.

?????

Loretta Nall said...

You wouldn't believe some of the things that get by the 'editor' of this newspaper. That headline 'Spelling compete in county bee' didn't even make any sense.