Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day 2008

I just got back from voting. I have been voting in the same location for 11 years and until today had never seen a line there. I didn't know that many people lived in Hackneyville. The parking lot was full with cars and trucks waiting to get in. The line was out the door and only got longer as time passed. It took me about 35 minutes in line before I got inside and got a ballot. Here are a few pics from the polling place. Sorry for the poor quality....I used my cell phone camera.









3 comments:

Schnitzel_Republic said...

My brother up in northwest Bama was at the polling station at 7AM...figuring he'd be number one in line...and found forty folks there. When he finally got in to vote...he came out to find around forty folks standing there behind him. He's never seen this kind of "charge-up" on voting in the local area.

His impression is that alot of folks...more than seventy percent...are there voting for McCain...and he thinks the state will be a significant win for McCain. He is fairly independent and liable to vote for a 3rd party guy at any time of the day...so thats a radical statement for him.

Loretta Nall said...

I suspect the majority of people voting in my precinct today will also be McCain supporters. Hackneyville is like rebel flag capitol of Alabama...lots of SCV's out that way. Last I heard McCain had like a 27 point lead in Alabama....which kind of makes me sick to my stomach. Even in Mississippi he only had a 6 point lead.

Deb Murphree/Alabama Politics said...

Loretta, you and I are so much alike LOL...I took lots of pictures yesterday of the polling places, and the ADC party in Autauga County that I was invited to attend. The kids were so cute with their Obama shirts on, I had to take their pics. Hope you enjoy them on the slideshow. (I even captured the sheriff's deputies parked outside of Citgo, as usual, but not eating their donuts lmao)...